Friday 6 November 2015

The stupid things people say to those with MS




Ok, so I don't have many of these thankfully but I feel very compelled to write about this topic. People will always say the most ridiculous things to you when you have a disease, obviously my experience is with MS but I'm sure other disease sufferers go through the same sort of thing. 

What I have heard so far...

1. 'You will probably need an electric tooth brush one day.' (Implying that one day, I'm going to loose function of my hands!). 

2. 'Have you told them that you have MS.' (In response to myself saying that I can't make an appointment). 

3. 'My friend has MS and she/he/they're in a wheel chair.' (Great, really wanted to know that =s). 

4. 'You need to prepare yourself.' (Implying that I need to prepare myself for their assumption that I will be in a wheel chair one day, one of my favourites). 

5. 'Why aren't you on any drugs.' (Because, that's my decision and it's personal to me). 

6. 'Is it because of your MS?' (Yes, I blame everything on my disease!!)

7. 'I get really tired too.' (Yes, of course you do!Thanks for that!) 

8. 'Well, you look good.' (Yes that may be because when you have MS, it doesn't mean that you grow green spots on your face!)

Now, I know that I have more of these but they're all I could think of off the top of my head. Or maybe because of MS I can't remember! 

Moral of the story is that people need to think before they speak and people need not comment on something they know absolutely nothing about!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment